Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Miguel A Schmitz has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Miguel A Schmitz has the following 20 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Orthopedic Procedures
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Ankle Injuries
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Replacement
Dr. Miguel A Schmitz has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 32
I consider myself a well educated consumer doing a lot of research before making any buying decisions. I also do not do reviews unless I feel strongly about a subject or product. I have been a healthcare professional for well over 30 years specializing in Orthopaedics. I am well versed in all aspects of Orthopaedic surgery and the associated clinical modalities. I also have a degenerating lumbar spine that will require surgical stabilization in the foreseeable future. I have been reluctant to admit this, however, the timeline and disability are at a critical crossroad. That being said, I have chosen Dr. Miguel A. Schmitz and his team to join my personal effort to obtain the best possible care available in dealing with long term spinal stabilization. This decision was well thought out and the level of trust is without question. mdm
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
28 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Miguel A Schmitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAlpine Orthopaedic And Spine Pc, 212 E Central Ave Ste 365, Spokane, WA
Dr. Miguel A Schmitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spokane, WA.