The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Minal A Barve has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Showing 5 of 14
Failed research drugs. felt they didn't know what they were doing Dr Barve . my loved ones started to die after two of her pills I don't think she understood the ecology of sarcoma. We are at a loss two weeks before Christmas shame on this place not a word not a sorry not a thank you nothing they could care less human about this place
Dr. Barve seems very well documented in her professional work. I love her as a doctor and person, but wish she would review my file before meeting with me. I have had to ask for results of tests and she has had to search. I want to think that my health condition is of enough importance that it deserves a brief perusual prior to appointment.
Dr. Barve is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baylor Medical Center
Dr. Minal A Barve accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas Oncology, 8220 Walnut Hill Ln Ste 700, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Minal A Barve in this video.
Dr. Minal A Barve is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.