Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mitchell C Austin has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mitchell C Austin has the following 8 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
Showing 4 of 6
This doctor was very rude he smelled like booze and was acting drunk during my exam after he couldn't answer Any questions I asked because he claimed he "had no idea why my ANA was high" he was drunk and I am stunned he is allowed to drink while performing exams. I am trying to get a refund from this exam as the doctor was terrible
I have had a great experience with Dr Mitchell. After calling 42 doctors, none would see me in less than 5 months! Dr Mitchell was the only that fit me in his schedule. He is the first doctor that remembers me and my condition. He carefully answers all my questions. His staff sends me emails, text messages, calls back and provide me with copies of all exams. Prices seem to be standard.
I consulted with two other rheumatologists prior to Dr. Austin and did not like their one-size-fits-all treatment plan for my symptoms. Dr. Austin listened to my symptoms, openly offered his thoughts on what the causes could be, explained his diagnosis and treatment plan, and carefully monitored the results. Have experienced a tremendous amount of relief from the pain and stiffness associated with my condition and am generally feeling much better. His office staff is courteous and helpful processing my prescriptions and insurance claims.
49 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Mitchell C Austin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsMITCHELL CLYDE AUSTIN MD, 1441 Avocado Ave Ste 701, Newport Beach, CA
Dr. Mitchell C Austin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.