Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mohamed Summakia
Dr. Mohamed Summakia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Worth, TX, with other offices in Sherman, TX and Irving, TX . He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Summakia is affiliated with Las Colinas Medical Center and Medical Center Of Plano. He speaks English.
Dr. Mohamed Summakia has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I usually don't write reviews but I came across Dr Summakia's page with a 4 star review and thought...no way. I'm not sure if these other reviewers met the same man as me but Dr. Summakia is an egotistical, neurotic, rude, and uncaring individual. He was so rude to me and my family when we came in with questions about my condition that he made me and my mother cry because he would not answer questions and told me that I was making a bigger deal out of my condition. Let's see him live with it for a little while. He is not just the worst doctor I've worked with in a long time, he is the most incompetent and inconsiderate human I've encountered in quite some time. He also did not consult my medical history in his diagnosis and therefore made a very huge error that could have cost me my life. Additionally, he never remembers anything about you nor does his nurse. She is also extremely unprofessional and disorganized. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
It was a great experience to see Dr. Summakia.
Dr. Summakia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Las Colinas Medical Center
Medical Center Of Plano
14 Years Experience
University Of Aleppo
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Mohamed Summakia accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mohamed Summakia in this video.
Dr. Mohamed Summakia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.