Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mothaffar F Rimawi has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hepatitis C
- Breast Cancer
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Showing 5 of 8
I could not break through with Dr. Rimawiâs staff to get effective care when I developed colitis, a known and serious (yet rare) side effect from the Taxotere I was being given for chemotherapy. Dr. Rimawi had set a 100.3 degree temperature as the threshold for care, which left me in a life-threatening situation. When I hit that fever on Thanksgiving morning, I reached a doctor on call, who sent me to the emergency room. I spent 4 days in the hospital. What was even more disturbing about this lack of concern or care on the part of Dr. Rimawiâs staff is that I was in 2 clinical trials for him.
I have gone to Dr. Rimawi for the past few years and have the utmost respect and confidence in him. He is always caring and takes time to answer any questions. He has a great sense of humor and I look forward to the office visits which is unusal considering I am a breast cancer survivor. I highly recommend him.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
21 Years Experience
University Of Jordan
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Mothaffar F Rimawi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBaylor College of Medicine Surgery, 6620 Main St, Houston, TX
Dr. Mothaffar F Rimawi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.