Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Mushtaque Ahmed
Dr. Mushtaque Ahmed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Flatwoods, KY. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Mushtaque Ahmed has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mushtaque Ahmed has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Mushtaque Ahmed has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mushtaque Ahmed is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 2
I would contact Dr. Ahmed again if I had any questions about health care. When he thought I had a blood clot in my leg, he sent me immediately to the hospital for a doppler ultrasound. He told me if it was a blood clot, I would have to stay in the hospital while he dissolved it and find out why it had formed. He truly saved my life. When I later had a hip replacement he assured me that I would be fine. He kept me in the hospital and gave me 2 pints of blood ,until my blood was where he wanted it. I would not want to be in the hospital without him. He always told me what he thought was wrong and backed it up with appropriate testing. My favorite doctor ever!!!
41 Years Experience
Dhaka Medical College
Graduated in 1977
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Mushtaque Ahmed accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMushtaque Ahmed Md, 925 Oaks Dr, Flatwoods, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mushtaque Ahmed, MD - Internal Medicine in Flatwoods, KY, in this video.
Dr. Mushtaque Ahmed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flatwoods, KY.