Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nancy F Petit has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
She is one of wonderful doctors I have seen so far. I had my C-section in the year 2013 and I was extremely satisfied with her service. I could able to get to my routine work in just 4-5 days after my C-section and till now had never got any pain at the incision. She had done a great job and I am glad I have chosen her at that time. She is very knowledgeable and explains things clearly and takes enough time with patients and I highly recommend her.
Dr. Petit not only delivered my son but I have worked under her. I was a resident at St. Francis. So I have seen her hand at surgeries. One thing that surgeons need is a good skill at surgery & delivery but patients rarely can assess that. Since I've worked under her supervision in the OR & L&D I can easily say that she has excellent knowledge, bedside manner & systematic in her work. Not disorganized at all. She & her colleague Dr. Leader (also an excellent obstetrician) I can say hands down I would not hesitate to reccomend.
Dr. Petit delivered 2 of my 4 babies. With my other two deliveries (by other doctors) I suffered 3rd degree tearing and an episiotomy both of which made for difficult recoveries. Dr. Petit practiced perineal massage and coached me through my deliveries resulting in minimal tearing and very easy recovery. She really listened to my concerns and worked with me to avoid repeat suffering. Highly recommend!
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Nancy F Petit accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Francis Hospital, 701 N Clayton St, Wilmington, DE
Dr. Nancy F Petit is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Wilmington, DE.