Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Nancy F Petit has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Nancy F Petit has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Nancy F Petit has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Nancy F Petit is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 22
She is one of wonderful doctors I have seen so far. I had my C-section in the year 2013 and I was extremely satisfied with her service. I could able to get to my routine work in just 4-5 days after my C-section and till now had never got any pain at the incision. She had done a great job and I am glad I have chosen her at that time. She is very knowledgeable and explains things clearly and takes enough time with patients and I highly recommend her.
Dr. Petit not only delivered my son but I have worked under her. I was a resident at St. Francis. So I have seen her hand at surgeries. One thing that surgeons need is a good skill at surgery & delivery but patients rarely can assess that. Since I've worked under her supervision in the OR & L&D I can easily say that she has excellent knowledge, bedside manner & systematic in her work. Not disorganized at all. She & her colleague Dr. Leader (also an excellent obstetrician) I can say hands down I would not hesitate to reccomend.
Dr. Petit delivered 2 of my 4 babies. With my other two deliveries (by other doctors) I suffered 3rd degree tearing and an episiotomy both of which made for difficult recoveries. Dr. Petit practiced perineal massage and coached me through my deliveries resulting in minimal tearing and very easy recovery. She really listened to my concerns and worked with me to avoid repeat suffering. Highly recommend!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
32 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Nancy F Petit accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsST FRANCIS HOSPITAL, 701 N Clayton St, Wilmington, DE
Dr. Nancy F Petit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, DE.