More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nasir A Shamsi has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 28
Dr. Shamsi is a very involved and attentive doctor. I prefer to see him and not his other doctors on staff. I agree with the parent about the uncleanliness office. It is very unkempt and the carpet is horrific. Your doctor's office should be one of the cleanest places you visit. That is the main reason I changed doctors.
I have five children and have been going to doctor Shamsi for 7years and tried several pediatricians before I found him. He is the most caring doctor I have ever seen. You can call and get your child in the same day every time. He takes the time and answers all and every question you have. We all know that sometimes a parent can be a worried over protected mess when their child is sick and he understands that. The only negative thing I have to say is that the wait in his office can be over an hour at times but it is worth the wait and I know it is usualy due to the fact that what ever the illness is going around most children in the area have it and most have called that morning to get in and Doctor Shamsi takes his time with each child. He is very caring and you actualy can feel that he tries to make your child comfortable and lose the nervousness they may feel. One time all five of my children came down with the flu at the same time and my insurance requires a 15.oo dollar co-pay per child I could not afford the whole amount payday was the next day and he let all my children be seen. When my youngest was in the hospital as an infant the doctor came in and he always asked how I was feeling making sure I was not overwelmed with a sick child and to make sure the hospital staff was treating me and my child properly. He has a pager and does not get upset if you page him at any time with an emergancy or what you may think is an emergancy or crisis. I have referred several families to Doctor Shamsi and they love him too all but the wait time in his office. His diagnoses has never been wrong and refers you to specialist that he would feel comfortable sending his children to. He tells you what to expect with every test or medicine he sends you for too. Once again I must say he is the greatest caring pediatrician I have ever taken my children to. The staff in his office is also wonderful. Believe me when I say the wait time can be overwhelming but it is worth the wait.
Dr. Shamsi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Methodist Hospital
Dr. Nasir A Shamsi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHessville Pediatrics, 6933 Kennedy Ave Ste C, Hammond, IN
Dr. Nasir A Shamsi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hammond, IN.