Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nelson Agudelo-Higuita
Dr. Nelson Agudelo-Higuita, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oklahoma City, OK, with another office in Oklahoma City, OK. He has 9 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. He speaks English.
Dr. Nelson Agudelo-Higuita has 2 locations
920 Stanton L Young Blvd
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Book Online Now
Dr. Nelson Agudelo-Higuita has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.<br>Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
Dr. Nelson Agudelo-Higuita has the following 3 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
9 Years Experience
Universidad Nacional Autonoma De Honduras
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Nelson Agudelo-Higuita Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Nelson Agudelo-Higuita's office for more information.
920 Stanton L Young Blvd Oklahoma City, OK 73104
711 Stanton L Young Blvd Oklahoma City, OK : (405) 271-6431
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nelson Agudelo-Higuita is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.