Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nida Laurin
Dr. Nida Laurin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scottsdale, AZ. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Laurin is affiliated with Paradise Valley Hospital, Scottsdale Healthcare Shea and HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Nida Laurin has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Brain Injuries
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscle Spasticity
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
My daughter was seeing Dr. Laurin for neurological deficits from a brain tumor. She needed a letter for her college so she could utilize Disability Services. Dr. Laurin would not even see her for an appointment regarding this, or write a letter. I thought she would have been the perfect doctor to handle this because she was familiar with her deficits, but sadly was totally uncooperative. We are switching to a different doctor at this point.
After jumping through all of the insurance hoops over the phone, spending 45 minutes filling out a detailed questionnaire, and driving 1 hour in traffic to see this doctor, I was told at the front desk that she doesn't see patients whose issue may have been accident-related. It would have been nice to know that, up front.
Dr. Laurin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Scottsdale Healthcare-Thompson Peak
Shea Medical Center
Thompson Peak Hospital
Scttsdle Health Osb
Osborn Medical Center
Western Baptist Hospital
24 Years Experience
Dr. Nida Laurin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNkl Neurology, 9817 N 95th St, Scottsdale, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nida Laurin in this video.
Dr. Nida Laurin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.