- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Nikki Allmendinger has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Nikki Allmendinger has the following 1 expertise
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Nikki Allmendinger is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Daughter was inpatient with diagnosed GI disorder for months. Allmendinger is not knowledgeable and will not do required research to correctly treat patients. Told me "I looked it up on Google" . Gave contraindicated meds then tried to pass her off to psych. Daughter ended up going to Boston Children's. Some other MDs at her office are very competent. Nursing staff at AMC peds overall was great. Really disappointed in the quality of most of the attending and resident pediatricians. Very limited facility overall and Dr. Allmendinger was definitely more of a hindrance than help.
Both of my daughters are patients of Dr. Allmendingers and have been since they were newborns. She has always asked for my input, listened to my concerns, offered suggestions and called me back the same day when I've called with questions. She has been very personable, she has held my girls and talked to them when they were very little and struggling immensely with reflux. I would highly recommend her.
I would not advise this doctor to anyone she is very sarcastic, Didn't want to listen to what we had to say, and basically just sent us on our way with no answers, so I agree with the first person I would not recommend her. I wouldnt even give her a star, but I had to if it was up to me she would get a ZERO!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
17 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Nikki Allmendinger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nikki Allmendinger is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Albany, NY.