Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Niren Angle
Dr. Niren Angle, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Danville, CA. His specialties include Vascular Surgery and Surgery. Dr. Angle is affiliated with Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center, Mission Hospital Laguna Beach and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Niren Angle has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Niren Angle has the following 11 expertise
- Carotid Stenosis
- Varicose Veins
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Muscle Pain (Intermittent Claudication)
- Diabetes Complications
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Vascular Malformations
Dr. Niren Angle has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
Dr Angle was friendly and courteous, great bedside manner. His scheduling desk, however, was pathetic. My first appointment, they told me the wrong office.. in the wrong city all together. After that visit, he said his office would call me to schedule an appointment for an ultrasound, they did not. After the 3rd visit, he said his office would coordinate with my insurance co to schedule the surgery. That was over a week ago, after calling my insurance company, I discover they haven't even started the process even after 3 weeks!! I am experiencing discomfort, and do not enjoy waiting around without reason. Dr Angle seems quite competent, but this does me good if I can't get past his gatekeepers. Due to my poor insurance network, I am unable to find another in-network specialist that doesn't share the same office, otherwise I would have gone with a different surgeon. One month after agreeing to have the procedure, and after MANY daily phone calls, his office staff had finally submitted to my insurance - next available time to have it performed was about 2 months away... ugh. There was no confirmation call, even after having the procedure scheduled 2 months prior. I called the office myself to confirm - left a message, no phone call ever returned... ever, for any call... save your breath. Office lunch time goes from 11:00 to 2:00, they seem to leave at 4:00, so you have very little opportunity to get a hold of anybody. He did performed the procedure, again, he seemed quite capable with a great bedside manner, but I certainly would not use him again due to the administrative nightmare.
Dr. Angle is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Niren Angle accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohn Muir Health, 1320 El Capitan Dr Ste 120, Danville, CA
Dr. Niren Angle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danville, CA.