Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nupur Kumar has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
when i went there doc was not there.and i try to visit 2nd treatment.and i feel like little bit late.and they they just talk about the late charge. i never heard late charge when i make a appointment. i said i don't want to pay late fee than you can come in 15min or late charge. i asking about the what is late charge than they say it is blah blah than my 10min gone. and they say they will going to charge late fee. this is rudies office. and no doctor there. ridiculous.
I agree absolutely with the people that said she does not follow up on test results and tries to spend the least amount of time with you as possible, and the exam is not an exam, it's just a few questions. It is ridiculous that anyone call her a "doctor." She doesn't deserve the title. The worst bedside manner of anyone in her profession. Her receptionists are rude and don't know what customer service is. They wrote the wrong Suite # for the laboratory on the form, and I spent 15-20 minutes looking for the lab on different floors. She doesn't belong in medicine.
I don't feel this doctor takes the time to care for her patients it's like you go in and she's ready to go to the next patient. If you have a severe cough doesn't take X-rays just gives you cough medicine without finding out if you need more or if it is something more serious. Bed side manner is like ok how do you feel and only takes blood pressure checks your meds and thats it, no personal attention. I'm sorry but I would not recommend this doctor to anyone
When I called they said I could be seen if I came in right away, especially since the doctor would be leaving at 12 pm. I got there 40 minutes before.I don't have health insurance so the receptionist first looked at me suspiciously and then asked me to pay first before I was seen. I noticed the doctor's credentials weren't MD so I asked the receptionist what the DO stood for. The receptionist had to ask the Dr. who had been standing right there. As 12 pm approached, I told the receptionist that if the doctor was too busy, I'd come back another time because it was 11:50-11:55 if she was going to leave at 12. But they assured me the doctor would see me.The doctor was talking to me and then the nurse interrupted saying she had a phone call. She excused herself and took the call about lunch for 5 minutes and then returned. She didn't want to examine me, but wanted to give me a prescription. I had to ask her for an examination which she gave begrudgingly and with attitude. As a female, I felt very vulnerable because it was a pelvic exam. As a female doctor, she did not put me at ease at all, and made me feel embarrassed. She told me to come back after I got the insurance.After the exam, she said she would order some lab tests and assured me that I could get a discount. Later her office personnel recanted AFTER I had already gotten the lab test and said they could do nothing about the discount, since the lab she sent me to, was an outside lab, and different from where she usually sends her patients. WHY she decided to send me elsewhere is a mystery. Is it because I had no insurance?I waited 5 days before calling myself for the lab results and then she never followed up.The worst experience I've ever had.
Dr. Kumar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 2000
Ca Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Nupur Kumar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKumar Medical Pc, 1245 Wilshire Blvd Ste 607, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nupur Kumar in this video.
Dr. Nupur Kumar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.