Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Octavio Cieza has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Octavio Cieza has the following 8 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- HIV Infections
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Showing 2 of 2
THIS DOCTOR IS AWFUL- RUN AWAY! I had some blood work done and when I went in, he hadn't reviewed any of my blood work at all. Luckily I had picked up my OWN blood work (because it took a month to get into his office because he only works one afternoon a week and had to reschedule once so he could attend a conference). My rheumatoid factor was 190 (the normal levels are 0-13), and when I asked him why my levels were so high, he proceeded to tell me he hadn't tested my rheumatoid levels. When I told him he did, he went back and checked and realized that he had. If I hadn't been on top of my blood work (THANKFULLY better than he was) I would have left with no answers at all. All that, and I had to pay $70 to boot. He is a doctor who obviously doesn't care about his patients. I DO NOT recommend anyone visiting this practice- save your own money and find a doctor who will care.
Dr. Cieza is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Christ Hospital (Cincinnati Oh)
Dr. Octavio Cieza accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohnston Medicineal Associates Medicine, 507 N Brightleaf Blvd Ste 201, Smithfield, NC
Dr. Octavio Cieza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Smithfield, NC.