Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Oscar F Florendo Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- EOL Care
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Dementia Testing
Showing 5 of 21
After nearly 2 years of seeing Dr. Florendo, I am so frustrated with him and his staff, I would like to scream. He does not respond in a timely fashion to requests for prescription refills. In fact, the pharmacy usually must make repeated requests before we get results. I scheduled an appt for a physical once and all Dr. Florendo did was listen to my heart & lungs and then sent me on my way. I don't call that good medicine!
He is one of the most attentive and through doctors I have see in my lifetime. I am 66. He is extremely attentive to your overall healthcare needs and considers your Complete and total well being, not just your symptoms! It's been a long time finding one of the Best! Our entire family has switched to him and we are Blessed.
He was recommended to me by Army Personal at Scott AFB. I am blessed to have him because he is very kind and always thoughtful of my feelings. he can always tell when I have something bothering me. He explains to me my blood work and tells me what I need to do and he has me on medication to prevent diabetes. He is a 4 star doctor.
First DR in years to get my Triglycerides under control. Openly and frankly discusses issues and actions to take. Listens to my opinions and questions after I have done my research and explains or suggests possible treatments. I feel totally comfortable with him and confident in his abilities and concern for my health.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2014, 2012, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2015, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines Manila
Graduated in 1991
St Louis University Hospital
Dr. Oscar F Florendo Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Oscar F Florendo Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Highland, IL.