Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Owen B Samuels has the following 3 specialties
- Vascular Neurology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Carotid Stenosis
- Neurosurgical Procedures
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Acute and selfserving memory loss. Absent when critical p.a.c.u. patient needs care. Lack of sensitivity in the loss of neurological function that his negligence caused a previously normal young man to acquire. Samuels, you had far,far, too much time to treat my son, and you failed. But your arrogance and ego continue to prevail. "I don't remember," will not suffice. My son struggles to survive every single day. The first 18 months after his arrest he begged me "shoot me Daddy,please shoot me,I don't want to live like this anymore." For almost 2 years he would cure in a fetal postion because of severe Thalumic Pain Syndrome. If I took him for a ride he would scream as I passed over the concrete seperation every 100 feet on the highway. He can not take two steps without falling, he wants to sleep every 2-3 hours everyday. He has very little short-term memory.His head is in constant pain. His knees are now structurally damaged because of his change in posture. He has such cranial nerve damage that I won't give you the satisfaction to list. This was once a young man who could dunk a basketball, that could swim and fish a white water river that is now a slumped,nystagmus eyed,wheel chair bond, pain ridden shell of himself. GET YOUR CONSCIENCE IN ORDER SIR, AND COME CLEAN! Your lack of timely care for my son has ruined his and my life. You have had a chance for redemption,only to think of your selfserving ID. Do the right thing and help me "properly care" FOR MY SON THE REST OF HIS LIFE.
Dr. Samuels is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Owen B Samuels accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWinship Cancer Institute Of Emory University, 1365 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Owen B Samuels in this video.
Dr. Owen B Samuels is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.