Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Parag J Shah has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Parag J Shah has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 25
Rude superior staff who left me hanging without prescriptions more than once.Tries to fit in too many, runs from patient to patient without properly assessing. Proscribes meds rather than treating. Misdiagnosed a series of heart attacks and told me to come back in 6 weeks. Assigned me to another Primary care Dr. in the same practice without consulting me.
Dr. Shah spent a good amount of time with me during my annual physical. He understood and addressed my various concerns, and did not hesitate to issue referrals when appropriate. He is friendly, studious and keeps abreast of current treatment modalities. I would highly recommend Dr. Shah or any of the doctors or staff at Rockland Pulmonary.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Shah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRockland Pulmonary & Medical Associates, 2 Crosfield Ave Ste 318, West Nyack, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Parag J Shah in this video.
Dr. Parag J Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Nyack, NY.