Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John P Spirnak
Dr. John P Spirnak, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sheffield Village, OH, with other offices in Cleveland, OH and Cleveland, OH (and 1 other location). He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Spirnak is affiliated with Mercy Regional Medical Center. Dr. Spirnak has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John P Spirnak has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. John P Spirnak has the following 16 expertise
- Urinary Tract Stones (Urinary Calculi)
- Urinary Catheterization
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Kidney Stones
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urologic Emergencies
- Urinary Bladder Disorders
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Issues
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
Dr. John P Spirnak has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John P Spirnak is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Spirnak is my urologist. He performed a prostatectomy on me in 1999. What I liked about him was that he really laid out all my options, even referring me to other doctors that would have treated my cancer differently such as through radiation. before and after the operation he took the time explain everything as clearly as he could and always answered my questions honestly.During my annual visits he always asks about my family and remembers details about them that always surprises me. After my surgery he called me at home to see how I was doing. Often you'll have to wait awhile in his waiting room but that's because he doesn't mind spending whatever time it takes with each patient. I couldn't ask for a better doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Spirnak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. John P Spirnak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John P Spirnak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sheffield Village, OH.