Great Overall Experience

I must say that Dr. Mackoul and his staff at the Reston office were amazing. From the moment I walked in the door; greeted by the friendly receptionist and later meeting Dr. Mackoul, I instantly felt like I would be in good hands. And I was. He is very skillful and knowledgeable in his field. I would highly recommend Dr. Mackoul.

Laparoscopic Hysterectomy

I am a 42 year old woman who suffered fibroids; painful cycles and heavy bleeding; Dr. Mackoul performed my hysterectomy Surgery on September 21st. It was wonderful. No complications; very minimal pain and bleeding. I was back to feeling like myself in 4 days. Ladies if you have an issue with fibroids, endometriosis, etc. Go see Dr. Mackoul ASAP! Best decision that I could have ever made. Thank you to the entire staff!

I'd rate my experience with Dr. Mackoul and the Center for Innovative GYN as excellent. From booking an appointment to all of the phone calls with the staff in the office, everything was done in a professional and easy manner. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes for my appointment or to be seen, and the location of the center was literally 10 minutes from my house. In the first consultation, Dr. Mackoul drew diagrams, spoke simply and clearly, and answered any questions I had regarding my very large fibroid. The experience on the day of the surgery was also excellent. I went in for surgery prep at 7: 15 in the morning, and by 11:30 am was already home in bed. My pain level throughout the entire recovery was very minimum, and I was able to move about with moderate ease by day two. When I returned to work, everyone was really amazed at how well I looked; they can't really believe that I was out for surgery. Though I don't wish myself or anyone to be in need of surgery, but I am very happy with my decision of going to see Dr. Mackoul and having the surgery at the Center for Innovative GYN.

Fastest recovery I've ever had!

I had a 19 pound fibroid, but was able to have a laparoscopic procedure! Just a few tiny incisions that I can now barely see. And two weeks of recovery... I was driving in a week!

Sarah Joan Swann, 34, Burke, VA

The surgery techniques that this Center uses are so incredibly astounding and innovative, I almost can’t believe my own eyes. I wish I could give this place more stars for my review. Dr. MacKoul and his entire team literally saved my life. I spent 4 years looking for an answer to explain all of my ailments, and Dr. MacKoul solved it in less than 4 minutes. After having a DualPortGYN®, minimally invasive laparoscopic hysterectomy myself, I instantly felt better than I had in the past 23 years of my life. Literally all of my pains were completely gone. I was in their surgical center for less than 3 hours for this major surgery and 12 hours later I was out walking my dogs. No hospital stay, no noticeable incisions of any kind on my body, but entire organs were removed. How amazing is that? 6 weeks recovery the old fashioned way, or 12 hours with The Center for Innovative GYN Care.

Great Doctor

Everything was explained very well and everything went as explained. Everyone had been patient and very understanding. I knew exactly what to expect. The recovery was very easy. Beautiful facility, it’s definitely a great choice for surgery.

Amazing recovery time

I had the best experience with Dr MacKoul and CIGC. They answer all your questions take time and care to address any concerns. The recovery time, the recovery time, the recovery time!! I can't believe after removal of over 20 tissue masses I was back to work in a week. I didn't believe it having gone through the procedure 10 yrs ago and had a 6 wk recovery. But it's true it was amazing and I am so happy I did it. I was able to work remotely for a week and my colleagues had no idea I had major surgical procedure preformed!!

The whole staff was kind, caring, knowledgeable, and professional.

Very Pleased with Surgery

Took the time to explain options with patience. Very clear instructions, staff was attentive. I liked that the surgery was minimally invasive. Pain, in my case mild discomfort, was minimal – a day or 2. The facility was very clean and efficient.

Done in a timely manner and I knew exactly what to expect. Doctor and staff show exceptional care.

Excellent Doctor and Staff

Great! 5 stars! It was on time and the recovery as explained.

Easy Peasy

Dr. Mackoul was so nice and calm and really put me at ease. I am a much larger girl and was terrified at the process, but surgery and recovery were pretty spectacular. Highly recommend him.

Dr. Paul J Mackoul is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Annapolis, MD.