A Great Experience

I praise God for the decision I made in choosing Dr. Mackoul to do my surgery. If you are scared like I was, don't be, you are in good hands. I thought this surgery was going to be very painful, well, it wasn't at all. Not even once did I take the pain medication that they prescribed. The surgery is so quick and you get to go home the same day. It has been two weeks since my surgery and I feel fantastic. I saw Dr. Mackoul today for my follow up and thankfully the results are great. I highly recommend Dr. Mackoul, he knows what he is doing and also I want to mention the incredible staff who were so nice and corteous. It was an excellent experience. Keep the good job!!! and thank you ALL!!! Maria Diaz-Saldana Stafford, Virginia

Hysterectomy

Dr. Paul MacKoul has given me the freedom to live my life again! After eight years of heavy menstrual cycles, occurring approximately every two weeks and multiple ultrasounds and painful biopsies of my uterus and cervix (not to mention the cost of these procedures), my regular OBGYN, who I respect and admire dearly, suggested my only recourse would be to have a hysterectomy (I did have multiple fibroids which would disappear and reappear during this time, but with no pain). She reiterated that this would require 3 small incisions, but possibly a conversion if the uterus was too large. It also required a hospital stay and a 6-8 week period of recuperation to follow. I do not have time with work and my busy schedule to allow this. It simply was out of the question. I was, and always had been adamant about not having a hysterectomy and figured at the age of 50 that I could hold out as I should be going into menopause soon enough. However, curiosity got the best of me and I started my research! After many hours of online research and finally discovering and reading about Dr. Paul MacKoul and the ICGC, I knew my decision was an easy one. I made the call for a consult and spoke with the professional staff at ICGC & Dr. MacKoul. He was very professional and answered all of my questions. The decision was an easy one. I flew to Maryland from Wyoming, had my partial hysterectomy (uterus only) around noon, woke up with no abdominal pain and was able to leave shortly after. The next day I was able to walk (3.5 miles) with still no pain, other than the CO2 gas, which they use in most laparoscopic procedures, which presented as shoulder pain. This shoulder pain lasted for approximately five days, however I had no other pain what so ever! I flew back home two days after surgery and was able to go back to work in 6 days, and honestly, I probably could have gone back at 4 days. Simply an amazing procedure. I have one very minimal scar at my pubic bone as Dr. MacKoul also went through the belly button, so no scar is visible at this site. The front office staff, nurses, anesthesiologist and Dr. MacKoul were all highly professional, courteous and thorough throughout this process. They made it very easy and comfortable to have surgery out of state. Dr. MacKoul followed up with me a couple of weeks later to let me know that I had adenomyosis and quite a large uterus. He said that most OBGYN's do not catch this on ultrasound as it doesn't show up. As a side note, I did urinate quite frequently and just thought it was because I drink a lot of water. Dr. MacKoul asked me before surgery if I urinated frequently and I told him I did. After finding out the size of my uterus I can see why I probably urinated so frequently. After having my hysterectomy, I do not urinate nearly as much. An added bonus! If you are hesitant to have a hysterectomy, please see or visit with Dr. Paul MacKoul. He is an outstanding surgeon and certainly has given me "new life" in being able to do the things I have always done, without having to worry about hemorrhaging. I couldn't be more pleased with Dr. Paul MacKoul and the Center for Innovative Gynecological Care.

Dr. Mackoul is the best!

Dr. Mackoul is a very skilled surgeon. I am 2 months post op, and my recovery was great void of any complications. I was walking 1.5 miles twice a day in my second week of recovery, and 3 miles straight by my third week. I owe this to Dr. Mackoul's knowledge and surgical skills which are truly a blessing to women's health. i would highly recommend anyone who is in need of any kind of gynecological surgery to make the trip to see Dr. Mackoul. It will be the best decision you have ever made for your health care.

Excellent surgeon

Dr. Mackoul is very professional, courteous, and thorough. My surgery and recovery went smoothly. I feel many times better than I did prior to surgery even though I am only a few weeks out from it. At one appointment Dr. Mackoul had a scheduling conflict and I saw Dr. Baxi instead - he was fully up-to-date on my case and very helpful. Everyone at the practice with whom I came in contact was professional, courteous, and and friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Mackoul or his practice to anyone.

Great Overall Experience

I must say that Dr. Mackoul and his staff at the Reston office were amazing. From the moment I walked in the door; greeted by the friendly receptionist and later meeting Dr. Mackoul, I instantly felt like I would be in good hands. And I was. He is very skillful and knowledgeable in his field. I would highly recommend Dr. Mackoul.

GO TO THIS DOCTOR

Being just 24 years old, Dr. MacKoul was the only doctor who never judged me, he heard me out, and he fixed my problems! He is the absolute best of the best. I was able to do 2 flights of stairs the day after my hysterectomy, I was able to return home to my 3 large jumping dogs within 1 week, and within 2 weeks I was able to return to my highly demanding job (lifting 25lbs). Being 4 months post-op, I have never felt better. I wish I had found Dr. MacKoul sooner, and I wish I had this done sooner. Thank you, Doctor. If you are having doubts, DON'T. You will be in the best hands possible. Don't even be nervous! He made a major surgery feel like a minor surgery.

excellent doctor

i went back to work after two weeks. I would recommend this doctor to everyone .

Customer Service

Dr. MacKoul and his entire team were extremely professional, personable and made me feel like I was their only patient. I appreciated the follow up phone calls at my home and office in addition to the follow email. I have never received this type of customer service from any of my other doctors.

Laparoscopic Hysterectomy

I am a 42 year old woman who suffered fibroids; painful cycles and heavy bleeding; Dr. Mackoul performed my hysterectomy Surgery on September 21st. It was wonderful. No complications; very minimal pain and bleeding. I was back to feeling like myself in 4 days. Ladies if you have an issue with fibroids, endometriosis, etc. Go see Dr. Mackoul ASAP! Best decision that I could have ever made. Thank you to the entire staff!

I'd rate my experience with Dr. Mackoul and the Center for Innovative GYN as excellent. From booking an appointment to all of the phone calls with the staff in the office, everything was done in a professional and easy manner. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes for my appointment or to be seen, and the location of the center was literally 10 minutes from my house. In the first consultation, Dr. Mackoul drew diagrams, spoke simply and clearly, and answered any questions I had regarding my very large fibroid. The experience on the day of the surgery was also excellent. I went in for surgery prep at 7: 15 in the morning, and by 11:30 am was already home in bed. My pain level throughout the entire recovery was very minimum, and I was able to move about with moderate ease by day two. When I returned to work, everyone was really amazed at how well I looked; they can't really believe that I was out for surgery. Though I don't wish myself or anyone to be in need of surgery, but I am very happy with my decision of going to see Dr. Mackoul and having the surgery at the Center for Innovative GYN.

Fastest recovery I've ever had!

I had a 19 pound fibroid, but was able to have a laparoscopic procedure! Just a few tiny incisions that I can now barely see. And two weeks of recovery... I was driving in a week!

Sarah Joan Swann, 34, Burke, VA

The surgery techniques that this Center uses are so incredibly astounding and innovative, I almost can’t believe my own eyes. I wish I could give this place more stars for my review. Dr. MacKoul and his entire team literally saved my life. I spent 4 years looking for an answer to explain all of my ailments, and Dr. MacKoul solved it in less than 4 minutes. After having a DualPortGYN®, minimally invasive laparoscopic hysterectomy myself, I instantly felt better than I had in the past 23 years of my life. Literally all of my pains were completely gone. I was in their surgical center for less than 3 hours for this major surgery and 12 hours later I was out walking my dogs. No hospital stay, no noticeable incisions of any kind on my body, but entire organs were removed. How amazing is that? 6 weeks recovery the old fashioned way, or 12 hours with The Center for Innovative GYN Care.

Dr. Paul J Mackoul is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Annapolis, MD.