Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul E Szwejbka has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Paul E Szwejbka has the following 10 expertise
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Paul E Szwejbka is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
When the doctor entered he did not say hello or introduce himself. He was very inconsiderate of the fact that I was not feeling well. He did not ask my symptoms or issues with my illness. He immediately made a diagnosis based on no patient history given and then told me he would only treat me if I underwent extensive and very painful tests to prove his theory. When performing an exam at the end, he became frustrated with deficits I have due to my illness and yelled at me to "try harder". This doctor was dismissive, condescending and cold at best and borderline cruel and abusive. If your health is important to you please see any doctor but him. He did not care one bit how I felt or about my needs only about serving his own ego. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor.
18 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Milton S Hershey Medical Center
Dr. Paul E Szwejbka accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsCumberland Neurology, 4140 Ferncreek Dr Ste 401, Fayetteville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul E Szwejbka in this video.
Dr. Paul E Szwejbka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fayetteville, NC.