Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pauline A Thomas has the following 2 specialties
- Public Health
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Corneal Ulcer
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Intravenous Substance Abuse
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Pregnancy Complications, Infectious
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- HIV Infections
- Mycoses (Fungi)
Showing 5 of 8
I'm not sure why Dr. Thomas doesn't have multiple five star ratings. She's always been honest and upfront with every interaction that my children and I have had with her. She well spoken and direct, always tells it like it is and tells the children exactly what they're doing that's encouraging good health and what needs improvement. I have a child that's been diagnosed with ADHD so I didn't want a DR that was going to sugar coat a diagnosis or recommendation and even worse prescribe meds that we simply don't need. We take the meds that we have to take to get through this diagnosis which I hope will eventually be outgrown. Dr. Thomas always reiterates daily exercise, a good nights rest and healthy eating. We're there to be healthy and stay healthy, period.
Quite simply, this doctor is a ****MENACE****, and it would be in the best interest of your children's good health to ****STAY AWAY**** from her and her practice. I took my teenage daughter to see her for a constipation problem that, I had indicated to the Dr. corresponded / was the result of a stomach virus that my child had experienced two weeks previously. Instead of taking an interest in diagnosing the actual physiological problem - an imbalance in stomach flora - she decided it would be better to play the part of an amateur psychologist - qualifications and accreditations she doesn't have / possess - and instead chose to busy-body herself in our personal lives. Ultimately she made no diagnosis, and my I needed to return a week later to another physician to have an x-ray taken to prove there was a serious fecal impaction, which left unchecked would have resulted in endogenic toxicosis. This useless and unprofessional visit cost my child another week of excruciating pain, and illness, and cost me - a widowed, self supporting parent - $30.00 in co-pays, hundreds in insurance costs for these two visits and subsequent x-ray, plus much wasted time. Don't let this doctor's "Yale" credentials fool you. She is a bona-fide nitwit who needs her license revoked.
Dr. Thomas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Pauline A Thomas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSummit Medical Group, 1 Diamond Hill Rd, Berkeley Heights, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Pauline A Thomas in this video.
Dr. Pauline A Thomas is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Berkeley Heights, NJ.