Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter M Fernandez has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 61
Dr. Peter Fernandez is a credit to his field. After seeing a few doctors I was almost used to being treated as an ignorant nuisance at best- Dr. Fernandez changed all that. He is extremely knowledgable, thorough, and compassionate. If you are suffering, please don't. Go see him and his staff, they will take excellent care of you.
worst pain mgt i have experienced. i have been a patient at this office over 4 years with the previous owner, dr Fassy (who was the absolute most caring doctor i have experienced in ANY specialty). unfortunately, he retired about a year ago. i go monthly, and have only seen Fernandez ONCE in about a year now. he spends most of his time in his office pushing papers and enjoying the day without visiting with patients. BEWARE, this office is now owned by a conglomerate corp group and this is very apparent in treatment visits. the once caring staff i have known personally for all these years now treat you like a junkie instead of offering alternative treatments, and act as if they do not know you anymore. STAY AWAY if you are a long term chronic pain patient. I would rate a zero if i could. I hope the previous owner, dr fassy, does not see what has happened to the successful caring practice he spent 23 years building. dr fernandez has been in pain mgt only 1 year, and was an anesthesia dr previously, NOT the 9 yrs experience listed here. go elsewhere.
15 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Peter M Fernandez accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPain Medicine Institute, 6815 14th St W Ste 204, Bradenton, FL
Dr. Peter M Fernandez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bradenton, FL.