Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter J Wiegman
Dr. Peter J Wiegman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wilmington, NC. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Wiegman is affiliated with New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Dr. Wiegman has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter J Wiegman has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
Showing 5 of 16
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Wiegman at NHRMC this past summer due an emergency angiography. I found him to be an utter delight and very professional at the same time. He has a great bedside manner of any of the doctors I saw during my stay and should I ever need to have anything else done I will request him! He did a very thorough job.
Dr. Wiegman, or Pete, as that is how he introduces himself, is a wonderful doctor and very attentive. When he is with you he takes time and listens and I have never felt rushed. The only reason I gave four stars instead of five is because I always have a VERY long wait when visiting his office (they even gave me a gas card once because I had to wait so long!). He has nice nurses as well.
Dr. Wiegman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Peter J Wiegman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHandover Medical Specialist Pa Cardiology, 1515 Doctors Cir, Wilmington, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter J Wiegman in this video.
Dr. Peter J Wiegman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, NC.