Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Philip N Adjei
Dr. Philip N Adjei, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Libertyville, IL, with other offices in Libertyville, IL and Lake Bluff, IL . His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Adjei is affiliated with Advocate Condell Medical Center. Dr. Adjei has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Philip N Adjei has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Philip N Adjei has the following 13 expertise
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis B
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Philip N Adjei is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
I wanted my procedure to be performed at the hospital however this doctor told me that my insurance would cover more of the cost at his facility. This facility does not take my insurance so I ended up with a big portion of the bill. After my procedure, I never saw the doctor. A nurse sat me up very high in my bed and got my husband from the waiting area. Then she took my IV out of my right arm and that was the last I saw of anyone. My husband helped me get dressed and as we were leaving I asked I believe it was a nurse to see my doctor, however she did not know where he was. She handed me a bunch of paper work and I ended up calling the doctor that night because I had a small amount of blood coming from my throat. Since then I still have a sore throat and can't seem to get rid of it. My husband had an endoscopy at the hospital 2 weeks ago and still no word from the doctor. When he called the office they told him the results are not complete and the hospital will fax them to their office when they are. After he hung up with the office, my husband called the hospital and he was advised that the results are in and that he needs to fill out a consent form in order for them to fax the results to him. Still haven't heard from the doctor.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Adjei is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Philip N Adjei accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Philip N Adjei in this video.
Dr. Philip N Adjei is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Libertyville, IL.