- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Quentin B Allen MD
Dr. Quentin B Allen, MD is a doctor primarily located in Port Saint Lucie, FL, with other offices in West Palm Beach, FL and Jupiter, FL( and 4 other locations). They have 25 years of experience. Their specialties include Ophthalmology.
Dr. Quentin B Allen has 6 locations
Dr. Quentin B Allen has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Quentin B Allen has the following 12 expertise
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Lasik Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Pain
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Exam
- Vision Issues
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2017, 2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
25 Years Experience
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Quentin B Allen Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- [ "BCBS Blue Card PPO", "BCBS Blue Card PPO" ]
- [ "Florida Blue BlueOptions", "Florida Blue BlueOptions" ]
- [ "Florida Blue BlueSelect ", "Florida Blue BlueSelect " ]
- [ "CIGNA HMO", "CIGNA HMO" ]
- [ "CIGNA Open Access Plus", "CIGNA Open Access Plus" ]
- [ "CIGNA PPO", "CIGNA PPO" ]
Coventry Health Care
- [ "Coventry FL Carelink HMO", "Coventry FL Carelink HMO" ]
- [ "Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access", "Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access" ]
- [ "Coventry FL Employer Group PPO", "Coventry FL Employer Group PPO" ]
- [ "Humana HMO Premier", "Humana HMO Premier" ]
- [ "Humana HMO Select", "Humana HMO Select" ]
- [ "Humana HMO", "Humana HMO" ]
- [ "Multiplan PPO", "Multiplan PPO" ]
- [ "PHCS PPO", "PHCS PPO" ]
UHC of the River Valley
- [ "Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial", "Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial" ]
- [ "UHC Choice Plus POS", "UHC Choice Plus POS" ]
- [ "UHC Navigate HMO", "UHC Navigate HMO" ]
- [ "UHC Navigate POS", "UHC Navigate POS" ]
- [ "UHC Options PPO", "UHC Options PPO" ]
More about Dr. Quentin B Allen
Dr. Quentin B. Allen is a board-certified ophthalmologist who holds a B.S. in Biology from Morehouse College in Atlanta, GA, and his M.D. degree from Duke University in Durham, NC. While completing his medical degree, Dr. Allen served as a research fellow and received an award from Bristol Myers Squibb for his work in the field of Diabetic Retinopathy. He completed his medical internship at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL, and his ophthalmology residency at Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, OH. His senior research project while at Cleveland Clinic, \"Evaluating postoperative outcomes for cataract surgery\", was chosen as the first place paper. Scoring in the 99th percentile nationwide, Dr. Allen became board certified in 2000. Following his residency, he was an Attending Physician at Cleveland Clinic Florida in Ft. Lauderdale. Dr. Allen has been practicing ophthalmology for 14 years and has performed over 10,000 cataract and refractive procedures. He also has extensive experience in medical and surgical treatment of glaucoma. Dr. Allen speaks and lectures frequently at both local and national meetings. In 2005 he was one of the first ophthalmologists in South Florida to be certified by Alcon for its ReSTORÂ® Multifocal Intraocular Lens implant procedure. In 2010, he was named to the prestigious PS250 list for his accomplishments in the field of advanced technology implants for cataract surgery, and in 2011 he was asked to serve on the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery \"Complicated Cataract Surgery\" subcommittee. In 2013, he was named as a \"Center of Excellence\" surgeon by Bausch and Lomb for the Crystalens accommodating lens implant. Additionally, he is a reviewer for the American Academy of Ophthalmology for maintenance of certification examination material in the field of cataract and refractive surgery. His professional memberships include American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, The Cornea Society, and Florida Society of Ophthalmology. He is also a founding member and executive board member of CEDARS/ASPENS (Cornea, External Disease, and Refractive Surgeons). He is fluent in both Spanish and English. A Florida native, Dr. Allen enjoys spending time with his family enjoying outdoor activities here on the Treasure Coast.