3.2

Have you seen Dr. Radhika Rao?

These ratings on this site are wierd

Most one star ratings have comments on the patient's experience and almost all of the 5 star, outstanding ratings have no comments. Just sayin'. I don't think my rating matters.

5 minute initial visit and last

Should not be practicing any sort of medecine! Told me to hurry up going from 1 room to another. I am disabled. Then she burst out she was behind schedule because of me? Very disappointed and won't go back or recommend! Very quick diagnosis? = none

this is the worst doctor I have ever been to.

worst staff that I have seen in my 10 years of healthcare. This doctor will not return your call or email.

Awful. Creates no personal connection with patients, double and triple books appointment times, constantly late. Would NOT reccomend and will be finding a new doctor.

Outstanding

Not so sure about this doctor

This was my first visit to Dr. Rao. I was not impressed. She was pleasant but she did not take a very thorough history. For example near the end of the visit when we were discussing medication, she was surprised to discover I was taking Paxil. It was in the paperwork I completed before the office visit. I assumed she had looked at this paperwork. If she had asked about medication as she took the history I would have gladly informed her that I was taking this. Her manner at first was not very caring. She did warm up. The configuration of the furniture in her office is weird for a psychiatrist. She satbehind a big desk. As a patient I sat on a couch that was so far away from the desk that I felt like I had to sit on the edge of it and lean forward to be within conversational distance. What really surprised me was the way in which the appointment began. I was in the waiting room. The door to the reception area opened and I heard my name. The door opened outward and I was sitting off to the side. Basically I just saw a partially open door and heard a voice call my name. When I got to the open door no one was there. I looked down the hall and saw a woman walking quickly down this hall. She then made a right and went into an office. I figured I was supposed to follow. Turns out this was Dr. Rao. Not a great first impression. On the up side it was easy to get into see her in a timely manner and her receptionist/ clerical staff seemed on the ball, polite and friendly.

Great Psychiatrist

I have been with Dr. Rao for years. I think she is a great doctor. She always listens to me when I need to talk to her about something. She has always let me make appointments when ever I want to come in and see her if I have something I need to talk to her about. I was on Abilify and Dr. Rao changed it to Geodon which has made a world of difference in my life. I just know my life wouldn't be nearly as good if Dr. Rao wasn't a part of it.

Worst psychiatrist I've ever seen

I have been dealing with depression, anxiety, ocd, substance abuse( addiction to pain medication that came from over 20 surgeries and back problems from a very bad car accident when I was younger) and most recently diagnosed with adhd during an outpatient rehab program. Dr. Rao was the only suboxone doctor I could get in to see in time for my next refill after rehab. I have a therapist I see weekly to talk to luckily because Dr. Rao spends no time listening to any problems you may have. She literally is writing your prescription as you walk in and the whole 3 minutes she spends with you it's obvious she could care less about your problems or what your going through. The last two appointments I had with her I was having some pretty serious issues, which she quickly dismissed and I left both appointments crying. I would like to find a different physiologist but anyone taking suboxone knows this is not easy. I would definitely not recommended her to anyone as she makes me fell worse and that what your going through is stupid or not even possible in her eyes rather then actually helping you at all.

Avoid this individual!

I would recommend that you avoid Dr Radhika Rao at all costs. This individual is should not be practicing psychiatry as she is not attentive to her patients, dismisses patient concerns, was unavailable when issues arose, and lacked the basic concern for the patients well being. She it terrible and I would NEVER recommend her to anyone.

Don't know why she even bothers scheduling appointments. Today she had 3 patients scheduled at 10:00 (even though she doesn't actually start seeing patients until 10:30), three at 10:15, three at 10:30 and so on for the day. She rushes you out and only asks questions while writing your next prescription. She doesn't even take the time to explain the medications she prescribes.

Patient

Dr. Rao is very nice although I do feel like I am a bit rushed during my visits and that makes me afraid to go into much if any detail as to how things really are going for me. I understand I have to see her to monitor my meds but those meds are supposed to be based on how well they are/aren't working for me which may not be what's happening since I feel almost obligated to say "I'm fine" and get out so she can get to the next patient. I feel and believe she genuinely cares for her patients but do to a very rushed schedule she doesn't have the time to really show it. She is often an hour or so late starting her patient load at her office due to running late at the hospital or outpatient care centers which I am sure adds to the rushed feeling some patients like myself feel. I saw Dr. Rao also as a patient in the outpatient care center and things were not rushed so much. It was a very different experience with her there. I felt like I received her full attention and that she offered individualized suggestions regarding my situations, medications, counseling and etc. If I had not first experienced her level of care given there prior to becoming a patient in her private practice I would have left the private practice for another Psychiatrist by now. Additionally, more often than not you call her office and a recorder picks up asking you to leave name and number, you then get a return call usually the next day. This is difficult for making appointments or reaching her when you are at your Internist or Counselor or etc and they need to speak with her about something. However, that being said her staff is extremely proficient at making you feel comfortable, relaxed and cared for! Also, she may run late often but once she gets to the office she starts seeing the patients immediately and she gets through them all. I have never been witness to her looking or acting stressed out or crabby, for that I am very grateful!! Overall, I really like having her as my Psychiatrist. There are just a few things as I listed I would like to see improvement in.

Dr. Radhika Rao is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.

Dr. Radhika Rao Is this you?