Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rafael J Aguila has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Rafael J Aguila has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Rafael J Aguila has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 32
The doctor himself if great, but I wonder if he knows what is happening with his staff. I called for a refill on a prescription and was told I had to come in for this. I was sick that day and they told me I would have to wait 2 days to be seen. What is the purpose of a primary care doctor is you can't be seen on the day you are ill.....
Dr. Aquila always spends time with his patients and listens to what they have to say. He sends them to the proper specialist if he cannot tend to what is wrong. This time spent tends to set him behind in his scheduling causing a backup in patients and frustration among those waiting. BUT I have been going to him for almost 18 years b/c of his wonderful caring nature and great knowledge. He is a fantastic doctor and I wouldn't trust another family doctor as much as I do him.
Dr. Aguila is an excellent doctor but the wait time is unreal and I can't believe that after all these years of going to his office, they have not figured out how to handle this better. His staff is the worst, I've ever seen. Extremely unprofessional and very lazy. I called to cancel an appointment once and had to leave a message on their answering machine. I got a bill for $25 in the mail sometime after that canceled appointment and had to call to ask what was it in reference to. They stated that it was for me not keeping my appointment. I told them that I left a message on their answering machine and I was told at that time that their answeing machine doesn't work and I shouldn't leave a message on there but I would still have to pay. I told his staff that if the answering machine provides an outgoing message and beeps, signaling me to leave a message, how am I supposed to know that it is broken. Needless to say, they never received $25 from me. Dr. Aguila is very personal and an excellent doctor who doesn't rush your appointment but I really don't like the people he has working for him. He needs to do an overhaul on his personnel. They are too comfortable.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Aguila is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Center
Dr. Rafael J Aguila accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRafael Javier Aguila Md, 1029 N Houston Rd, Warner Robins, GA
Dr. Rafael J Aguila is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warner Robins, GA.