Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raja S Tooma has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Raja S Tooma has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Raja S Tooma is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I have an incurable auto-immune disease. Dr. Tooma insinuated it can be cured if I follow her prescription of vegetarianism, no alcohol, no coffee or any caffeine. She also referred to the medication I take for my chronic disease as "poison". This so called "poison" has controlled my disease and has increased the quality of my life dramatically. This "poison" has prevented me from being disabled and ending up in a wheelchair. What type of medical doctor practicing western medicine refers to medication that has helped me tremendously and has improved my quality of life as poison? I am also overweight and she assumed I am diabetic. I am not. I have regular blood work done for my disease and when she read my last lab results she was shocked I wasn't diabetic. She still wanted to test me for diabetes even though my recent blood work showed otherwise and I have no symptoms. She only based it on my weight. Dr. Tooma has a personal agenda and that is to convert you to abstaining from meat, caffeine, alcohol (I have maybe one drink a week). Her examining room was filled with religious pamphlets, not health pamphlets. She prayed over me at the end of the visit. This practice needs to be up front about this being a religious practice and that this doctor has her own agenda, and your needs and beliefs do not factor into her agenda.
I needed to establish a PCP in the area and get my annual physical, which is covered 100% by my insurance. I stated at the time I made the appointment (on line) and on the paperwork at the office, that my visit was to do just that; establish care/annual physical. In the exam room, Dr. Tooma was very nice and it was relaxing to be thereâ¦at first. She failed to look at any of my family history (or she would have discussed that) and instead, chose to zero in on my coffee and alcohol intake (which falls well below or within parameters set forth by the Mayo Clinic). I was told to not drink any caffeine (I have approximately 10 oz of coffee a dayâ¦and some of that gets tossed into a plant at home) I drink (red) wine with dinner, but apparently thatâs a no-no, too. Iâm vegetarian/pescatarian, but she told me to stop eating fish. She went on about diet and exercise and ordered blood work and a return visit in two weeks. No physical was given. I assumed this visit was establishing care and that the physical would come with the next visit. Oh, and she wanted to say a prayer before I left the room. I was taken aback, and couldnât say I was uncomfortable with it. Fast forward, two weeks. A review of the lab work and again, admonished me for drinking wine. (Oh, and itâs listed as Alcohol and Caffeine Abuse on my medical profile) Second visit of being talked to as if I was a child. She brought up how I need to pray to God for help to change my lifestyle. In the conversation, the âRight to Dieâ came up. When I mentioned it, her entire demeanor shifted. I could see the wheels of judgement turning. (âJudge not, lest ye be judged) When I asked when I would get my physical, she said, âOh, is that why youâre here?â She then told me that I should have said that in the first visit. Really? It was stated in my paperwork. So now I need to go in for visit #3, to finally get my PAID FOR physical. I donât believe in mixing religion with medicine, especially when it involves the professional pushing their personal agenda on the patient. I appreciate her insight and information, but I donât go to a doctor to pray or discuss how God will help me to lose weight. Iâm not even sure Iâll return for the physical.
Dr Tooma is a warm, caring professional who took time with me and listened to my concerns. She acted immediately on my symptoms, ordered apprpropriate tests, and will follow up with me in 2 weeks. Her religious pamphlets did not bother me. I am not religious but consider myself tolerant of those who have such beliefs. In no way did she discuss or attempt to push her beliefs on me. She is an excellent health educator and us very patient. Her staff is also very friendly and professional.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Tooma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Mary Corwin Medical Center
Dr. Raja S Tooma accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWeimar Medical Group Inc, 13300 New Airport Rd, Auburn, CA
Dr. Raja S Tooma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Auburn, CA.