Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ralph B Essien has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Ralph B Essien has the following 5 expertise
Showing 5 of 13
The worse doctor office I have ever gone to he is a great doctor with the most horrible staff the waiting time is unbelievable you will never get seen on time it will always be 3 hrs after your set appt the staff are very rude and disrespectful they need to go truthfully they don't do there job they have conversations in front of you worse dr's office I have ever gone to
Dr.Essien is an excellent doctor, hands down. I just don't understand why his office schedules appointments 2 hours before he gets in, and on top of that, they schedule 10 ppl around the same time ! I had a 10am appt oneday and didn't get seen til a quarter to 2. I was extrememly displeased. This office also lost my insurance information, claiming I never gave it to them..I actually did like 3 times. I plan on getting a paper to have my med records released and finding a more organized and professional doctor's office
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Essien is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Ibadan
Graduated in 1982
Queens Hospital Center
Dr. Ralph B Essien accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsMethuselah Medical Services, 25 Coligni Ave, New Rochelle, NY
Dr. Ralph B Essien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Rochelle, NY.