Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Randall K Barrett has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Randall K Barrett has the following 8 expertise
- Spinal Stenosis
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Spinal Fractures
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
Dr. Randall K Barrett has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Randall K Barrett is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 7
I will never go back to this doctor. He seems to have a real chip on his shoulder. He did not have much history on me,which wasn't his fault, so I filled him in. This in turn angered him, stating to me "By the way, I'm the expert here, not you" ?????? I never implied I was, I came here for your help! I know my own body and health history better than anyone else. Am I supposed to just keep my mouth shut? I was just shocked at how he acted. In all fairness the procedure he did went great, no pain and quick. But the way he relates to people is poor.
25 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Dr. Randall K Barrett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
Locations & DirectionsArmstrong County Memorial Hospital, 1 Nolte Dr, Kittanning, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Randall K Barrett in this video.
Dr. Randall K Barrett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kittanning, PA.