Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raphael A Rusynyk has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Raphael A Rusynyk has the following 11 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Raphael A Rusynyk has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 101
This was possibly the worst experience I have ever had in a physician's office. When you make the initial appointment they tell you that you are making an appointment with the doctor. However, the first person you will see if the scheduler, if for a colonoscopy. The only reason I even saw the PA was because I insisted. The receptionists are rude and do not make eye contact. You are a "paycheck" not a patient - they make you sign a form turning over your credit card information or making a $200 deposit before you can be seen. If you cannot do this, they will cancel your appointment. On day of the procedure, Dr. Rusynyk does not make much contact beyond walking back with you, barely introduces himself and does not see you afterward. SEE SOMEONE ELSE.
This office was rude and condescending. The Doctor had his office attack me for not getting a colonoscopy sooner and attacked me for not having genetics testing done. I had colon cancer that would not have been found the year prior with a colonoscopy and I should have th right to choose whether or not I have my genes tested. The staff mentioned he was double booked and he did not have time to review my records. In addition, he refused to answer a question about my ostomy, stating that was for the surgeon, even though it was a digestive issue. I will NEVER use him again.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
21 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Raphael A Rusynyk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRaphael Alexander Rusynyk Do, 141 Mack Bayou Loop Ste 102, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Dr. Raphael A Rusynyk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Rosa Beach, FL.