Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rebecca S Yu
Dr. Rebecca S Yu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Berkeley, CA. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, Surgery of the Hand and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Yu is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Yu has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Rebecca S Yu has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Rebecca S Yu has the following 16 expertise
- Tendon Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Wrist Fracture (Colles Fracture)
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Ganglion Cysts
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Hand Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
- Elbow Fracture (Ulna Fractures)
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
Dr. Rebecca S Yu has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Rebecca S Yu is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I have been A patient of DR YU .. she operated on my broken wrist with excellent results ... I also appreciated her genuine care .. she is the best .... also highly recommended are people in her office for their gentle care and advice .. =SPENCER the office manager found ways to reduce my bills ... JAYMISHA AND VANESSA WERE very pleasant and welcoming at the front desk ...as were the rest of the staff ...THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH .. GEORGE Z. OAKLAND
This review is from my visit to Dr. Yu while she was working in Kaiser Oakland. I had a severe fracture in my wrist due to a biking accident. After emergency surgery after the accident, I went to follow-up with Dr. Yu on the fracture. She recommended immediate revision due to problems with the alignment and volar plating. I went to surgery within 2 days of the evaluation. The surgery was a complex surgery: intra-articular, multiple pieces and the trauma for a poor initial surgery. While in surgery, Dr. Yu found a torn ligament and conducted the repair as well. After 10 months, I have good function of my hand again with minimal pain. I am very grateful to Dr. Yu and her surgical skills in putting all the small pieces back together!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Yu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Rebecca S Yu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLamont J Cardon Md, 3000 Colby St Ste 301, Berkeley, CA
Dr. Rebecca S Yu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berkeley, CA.