Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Renee M Mckinney has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Renee M Mckinney has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. McKinney has a great bedside manner. She is very easy to talk to and is thorough. She spent nearly an hour with me during my recent yearly physical and I was happy to get some feedback that included home remedies and over-the-counter things to try instead of going straight to prescribing me meds. I like her a lot and hope she stays at HVMA.
I went to this doctor with complaints of fatigue and poor sleeping. I requested blood work and she didn't think it was necessary (even though I hadn't had blood work in 9 years. Instead she recommended and sleeping pill (mild low dose antidepressant) and dusting at night if I couldn't fall back asleep. Well I finally paid out of my own wallet to get blood work done and they found I was low in Hemoglobin, ferritin and Vit B12. Thankfully I have an explanation for my chronic fatigue, no thanks to her.
Dr. Renee McKinney is one of the best primary care doctors out there! She is not only very caring, but follows up with me if I have any concerns, etc. I had to switch several doctors before I found her and really hope other people have the pleasure to talk to their doctors the way I have with Dr. McKinney.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Mckinney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Renee M Mckinney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHarvard Vanguard Medical Associates, 291 Independence Dr, Chestnut Hill, MA
Dr. Renee M Mckinney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chestnut Hill, MA.