Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Renu Goel has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Goel is one of very few doctors I have ever had where I actually feel like I matter to her. She is just so caring and really seems to understand what I am going through and is so willing to help in any way she can. She is very conservative with medications and will always err on the side of caution when prescribing dosages or changing medications, which I really like. I came to Dr. Goel from my GP who prescribed me ridiculous dosages of anti-depressants that were not even the right medication for me. She took a completely different approach and was just amazing in figuring out what type of medication I needed and the right dosage. I attribute a good portion of my well being these days to her. I would recommend her 1000 times over.
I have been seeing Dr. Goel since my move here about 4 years ago. Since then I've been through nearly all of life's major changes/traumas. Dr. Goel is remarkably knowledgeable of medications and provides excellent psychological counseling. She follows up when appropriate and has always been available by phone when needed. I would certainly recommend her to anyone who might be struggling to manage the many difficulties of life.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
- Albany Medical College
Dr. Renu Goel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRenu Goel Md, 1143B Executive Cir Ste 102, Cary, NC
Dr. Renu Goel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cary, NC.