Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard W Duncan has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Injections
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Dr. Duncan is my ideal Doctor. He listens to you and orders necessary tests but does not insist on every available test just to run up your bill. He clearly explains your condition, best treatment option, and projects recovery both on physical abilities and timeline of expected recovery. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing quality spine care. His office is almost 2 hours from my home but he is well worth the drive and time. My recovery is tracking perfectly with what he told me to expect. By far the best Doctor I have found in any field in the the tri-city area.
had a herniated disc in lower back complain to him about my neck and arm pain I felt like he did not have time to listen to me told me to go have physical therapy never made it to physical therapy thank God had emergency surgery on my neck acdf surgery doctor that done my surgery said that if I had physical therapy I would be paralyzed.richard it's not all about the money and getting your numbers up for the day .spend a little more time with your patience !!
I am glad you are feeling better. I thankfully have never heard of or seen someone paralyzed by physical therapy. Most patients (85%) will resolve a herniated disc in the next with antiinflammatories, P.T., rest, and time (typically 4-6 weeks), and in my opinion it is better for the patient to avoid surgery if possible. It is definitely not about money as I would make more operating on a patient than seeing them in the office. My goal is for patients to get well with the least amount of risk.
Dr. Duncan is very capable and caring, and he communicates clearly and warmly with me. I appreciate his conservative approach to surgery. Because of it I know I can trust his recommendations. Thanks to him I avoided what would have been unnecessary surgery and had a fine outcome without it. I recommend him highly. His office staff and office procedures are also by far the best I have experienced in any medical practice. Rarely have I waited more than a few minutes, and office procedures are very efficient. Office staff are genuinely warm and friendly.
I saw Dr. Duncan for hip pain. He was very thorough in his exam and was able to provide non-invasive treatment that took away almost all my pain! He is great, I highly recommend him. He really cares about his patients. It seems like some reviewers here just get in their mind that they want specific tests or surgery. Dr. Duncan has practiced for a long time and he knows what works and what won't. He won't do surgery just to get money, he will only operate if it will help you.
Dr Duncan removed a synovial cyst from lumbar spine. Outcome of surgery has been great
Dr. Duncan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Baylor Medical Center
Dr. Richard W Duncan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWatauga Orthopaedics, 2410 Susannah St Ste 1, Johnson City, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard W Duncan in this video.
Dr. Richard W Duncan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Johnson City, TN.