Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard K Elia has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 51
Dr Elia is a fine, caring doctor, however he is not worth seeing with an office staff as rude an unprofessional as they are. In particular to one woman there who calls herself a nurse. Finally found a new doctor because of this. The only reason I gave the staff one star, is this app won't allow to enter zero.
Great doctor, needs to follow up more often as I get "referrals" for things and no one ever calls. The only time I get to talk to him is when I am in an appointment. He has a great demeanor and really seems to care, but I just wish he would follow up with his own recommendations. As far as the front staff is concerned. HORRIBLE! Rude, condescending and unprofessional to the highest level. Dr. Elia deserves a quality office staff.
I've seen Dr. Elia a couple of times, a couple of years ago and recently called to schedule an appointment with him to establish care again. Instead I was asked multiple questions about my health such as if I'm taking any medications, am I having pain, when was the last time I was seen by a doctor, when was the last time I had a physical etc. Then I was placed on hold, then was told that the Dr. is not taking any new patients. I thought humm strange, I'm not "new" . I don't have any health issues, just wanted a "good " PCP, and all of a sudden after answering a couple of medical questions I'm told oh the Dr. is not accepting new patients. When I seen him in the past he seemed like he would be a great Dr. But after that call kinda makes me think he possibly thought I would be a complicated patient and didn't want to try to deal with me. That's fine, must be sign for me not to waste my time or theirs.
I think Dr is great BUT......It is so hard to get a referral to another Dr. for care. I have called the Dr. office and had many problems with the office staff. They continue to have way too many excuses. 4 phone calls and 6 weeks later I still have no referral to another Dr. for special care. The staff tells me "its the Dr." and the Dr. tells me "the staff will take care of this" Not sure what to do at this point. I like the Dr. but the follow is terrible.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2010, 2012, 2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2013)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Dr. Elia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
University Of California At San Francisco Fresno
Dr. Richard K Elia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRichard K Elia Md, 5375 N Palm Ave, Fresno, CA
Dr. Richard K Elia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fresno, CA.