Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard A Omalley has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I began seeing Dr. O'Malley when the doctor I had been seeing went "boutique." He has an excellent staff and is easy to get an appointment with (both of which are important) but as for the doctor himself, I've never been too impressed. The phrase i hear most from him seems to be "I don't know." He's very conservative and not very pro-active. I've only stayed because I haven't felt like starting all over with a new doctor, but now that he's gone boutique I am happily transferring to another doctor I hope to feel more confident about.
Three members of my family visit this doctor for needed and/or routine visits. I appreciate his caring, thoroughness, experience, and the sensitivity he displays (no "big ego" detected). He is thoroughly genuine in his approach. We had various capable doctors during the past decades, but Dr. O'Malley is the best in all respects, in my view. He was recommended by a neighbor, and I would certainly recommend him, without reservations.
I came in with a larger than average concern and Dr. O'Malley spent lots of time testing and trying to figure out if my pain was associated with a bigger issue. He had excellent care and concern and I would recommend him to anyone seeking a patient, thorough internist. My teenagers will soon move up from the pediatrician, and I hope he is accepting new patients!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2012, 2016, 2014, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
26 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Richard A Omalley accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJosephsturner & Omalley Mds, 7600 Osler Dr Ste 311, Towson, MD
Dr. Richard A Omalley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Towson, MD.