Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard R Pelker
Dr. Richard R Pelker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Haven, CT, with another office in Guilford, CT. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Pelker is affiliated with Yale-New Haven Hospital. Dr. Pelker has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard R Pelker has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Femoral Fractures
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Bone Transplantation
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
He did a total knee replacement I saw him for 2 min. in the hospital the morning after my surgey only to tell me he was going away for the weekend.so I never saw him the whole time I was in the hospital. I went to see him because after 4 weeks my leg swell up and was hot to touch and was running a fever he toldme it was ok.would not do a blood test or x rsay told me to wait for 4 more weeks. Well let me tell you I have a bad infection in my knee and in my bone ,would not of had this if he would just listen to me. Not very happy with this Doctor.
My experience with Dr. Pelker was sub-par. He didn't show up at appointments after the surgery even after I had sent a letter expressing my concerns. He is cold, uncompassionate and can't see past his own ego. I have to have another surgery due to the problems that I experienced that Pelker would NOT address during follow up visits. Yale should be ashamed to have him on their team.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Pelker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Richard R Pelker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard R Pelker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Haven, CT.