Dr. Richard Seldes Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Richard Seldes?

Posted on May 13th, 2015

At first I was dissapointed with the treatment. The staff was on the rude side. The time spent with Dr. Seldes was too quick. I was not sure what I was getting myself into. The hospital where I had my knee replacement surgery done was North Shore Forest Hills, this hospital sucked! I chose to do rehab at North Shore Manhasset thank God for that! I am so greatful for Dr. Seldes. He knew what he was doing. I am now pain free. I can walk again. I have recommended Dr. Seldes to my friends. He really is a good doctor.

"DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR"

Posted on April 17th, 2015

Terrible doctor. Stay away from him. More interested in seeing as many patients as possible. Spends no time with you. Suggests physical therapy even before an MRI Diagnosis is incorrect. Took is word for what I needed, did the operation that he suggested at his facility in NJ which he is a partial owner only to find out needed a total hip replacement instead of an arthroscopy.

Great experience

Posted on October 20th, 2014

I had the best experience with Dr. Seldes and his staff Wonderful place I'm so happy with everything .. I broke my ankle and Dr Seldes did an amazing job on it.. Joshua help me with everything he is amazing I'm so grateful for him he helped me with any question that I needed an answer to I would recommend this place to anyone great environment great staff... Thank you everyone in Dr Seldes office ...

Uncaring

Posted on October 13th, 2014

I agree with the reviews stated below about his short time spent with the patient and his push for physical therapy. I recently had a hip arthroscopy which went well only to find out after the 2 month appointment that he failed to fixed the hip labrum tear for which I still have pain. Unless you ask he won't explain anything and if I had known that the surgery was going to take place in NJ at a place where he is a partial owner I probably would have gone somewhere else if I wasn't in such pain. I picked him because he was close to the hospital where I lived. I really have 2nd thoughts about this doctor.

Waste of time

Posted on August 4th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Seldes by my mother. She had 2 surgeries done by him so i figured why not when i began having problems with my right hip. I had previously had an MRI done and brought the films with me along with the report from the radiologist. After waiting (which is fine its no big deal) i am taken into an exam room where i proceed to wait about 20 more minutes. I was taken for an xray which i said i didnt need because i have MRI scans and there is nothing wrong with my bones but his MA's insisted upon it. Once that was done he came into the room and was VERY rushed. He barely looked at the pointless xray and didnt bother to look at my MRI's....he only checked the rotation on my hip (again not the problem since i have a medial tear which i told him) he prescribed Physical Therapy 3xs a wk and pain medication. I barely got to say a word before he was out the door. When i finally was able to see what he prescribed me i called my mother upset because he didnt even bother to look at my chart and see that i was on regular medication that has interactions with other drugs. SPECIFICALLY drugs with aspirin in them....LIKE THE ONE HE PRESCRIBED ME. He did not even take the time to read my chart. Would not recommend him...oh and to make it better...this was over a month ago...Have not heard from his office yet.

A terrible doctor: Incompetent, unprofessional and arrogant

Posted on June 17th, 2014

Dr. Seldes was as bad as they come. Putting aside the rude staff and the fact that they labelled my x-rays with another patient's name - after waiting for more than one hour for my appointment + another 20 mins in-room - Dr. Seldes was terrible and inattentive. He barely examined my hip and sent me for an x-ray which showed no injury. The question remained as to why I had pain in that case. He didn't looked into it any further, prescribed physical therapy WITHOUT a diagnosis! - so what I am supposed to do at physical therapy if I do not know what is wrong?! - and most of all, spent his time looking at his BLACKBERRY while I tried to ask follow up questions! In conclusion, not only was Dr. Seldes unprofessional, incompetent, arrogant AND unpleasant, I also believe this kind of behavior is truly dangerous. Please do not put yourself through this experience.

Posted on May 13th, 2014

Extremely professional and polite. Always punctual and his staff is always very respectful.

patient

Posted on April 30th, 2014

dr. seldes explained procedures he would perform in a clear manner. he spent time explaining rehabilitation, recovery and outcomes. i am extremely pleased with his professional manner, but also his patience in answering any questions and concerns.

A BAD DOCTOR and UNCARING STAFF

Posted on September 19th, 2013

Dr. Seldes prescribed medication that needed prior authorization. His staff refused to provide this. I had to beg for paper work to be sent to my primary care physician (PCP) and even when my PCP requested the paper work it was not delivered. He prescribed an ankle brace which was more painful on than off. In prescribing crutches so I could walk, he said it was a courtesy for his staff to arrange for the crutches to be delivered to me even though many doctors assist patients regarding delivery of orthopedic supplies especially when the patient cannot walk. Seldes informed me 6 weeks later that he could not help me as he does not specialize in ankle problems and I should see a foot and ankle specialist. Not sure why he did not make this referral to begin with. His staff treated me with disrespect; no follow up and no care. If I could give this man and his staff zero stars I would.

This is what medicine should be about...

Posted on April 25th, 2013

Dr. Seldes is an excellent doctor. He was very honest with me, and could of looked to make money on me, but did not. I appreciated that. I visited another doctor who although good, did not explore other options, which Dr. Seldes discussed. If you have an orthopedic problem and looking for a great doctor then go to Dr. Seldes. You will not be disappointed. His staff is very pleasant and accommodating. I was in and out of his office in about 1/2 of an hour, and his consultation was informative and did not miss any of my questions or concerns. This Doctor, obviously, knows his stuff!!

Posted on June 27th, 2012

Surgery went very wellRevived all materials needed ASAP, ordered by Dr.Seldes and delivered to my homeAppointments were informative Caring staff

Arogantt

Posted on November 15th, 2011

dr Sedes is very good I will say excellent dr. But he is arogant and short whit patients. I think he need to take a litle more time and listen to is patient so we can feel confutable. The best