Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rishi Gupta
Dr. Rishi Gupta, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA. He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Gupta is affiliated with WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center, Michigan State University and Sparrow Specialty Hospital. Dr. Gupta has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Rishi Gupta has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Rishi Gupta has the following 10 expertise
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Carotid Stenosis
- Central Nervous System Vasculitis
- Internal Carotid Artery Dissection
- Moyamoya Disease
Showing 5 of 10
I experienced a stroke and was admitted to Kennestone in the midnight time frame. At approx 3AM Dr. Gupta was called and he came to the hospital, diagnosed a blood clot and operated on me. He came to my room in the ICU at 6AM, talked to me and said I was making much more sense than prior to the operation. It's been slightly more than 3 months since the operation and there have been no more symptoms - he and his staff have been amazing.
This doctor and his staff are amazing. Dr. Gupta is knowledgeable and empathetic. His main nurse, Marissa, is also a very kind and intelligent woman. Every person from the one who answers the phone to the one who takes your vitals treated my grandmother with the best care, dignity, respect, and kindness. I believe that without the help of Dr. Gupta and Nurse Marissa, my grandmother could have been the victim of a stroke or possibly death. He found 3 aneurysms and approached each one differently based on their size and location. The last surgery had such a large aneurysm, that he called in the manufacturer of the stent to ensure it was cut to the appropriate size and installed correctly. He is a truly gifted neurosurgeon. We are very blessed to have him and his team working with my grandmother.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gupta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center
Michigan State University
Sparrow Specialty Hospital
E W SparrowSt Lawrence Hospital
Athens Regional Medical Center
Emory University Hospital
14 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1999
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGrady Memorial Hospital, 49 Jesse Hill Jr Dr SE, Atlanta, GA
Dr. Rishi Gupta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.