Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert A Hughes has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Hughes is a very good Primary Care physician. He has been my doc for quite a while. He is a very busy guy. He runs the Bulfinch Medical Group, his patients are getting older (and sicker) so he has to spend more time with them in appointments, he is getting older, he has a Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant to handle some simpler matters and has a Health Educator to help out even more. I have always found the staff to be responsive and courteous. Sometimes there is a longer wait than expected but I know it's only because Dr. Hughes is bust helping somebody else out. He's not just sitting in his office with his feet up having a Coke and a smoke. Dr. Hughes has always been thorough, personable, friendly, humorous and insightful. He asks me questions and he always answers my questions. I don't think he is able to accept new patients at this time and I am certainly glad that I have had him as my doc for all these years.
39 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Robert A Hughes accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert A Hughes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.