Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert G Bashuk has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Migraine Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I love Dr Bashuk. Initially I wasn't crazy about his bedside manner but he turned out to be very personable and willing to work with me on finding a good solution to my headaches. He also gives good suggestions on things to try at home. I have been seeing him for 6 years now and wouldnt change for anything.
Dr. Bashuk is awful! He did not go into depth about my condition after a very serious diagnosis, he provided no information about any medication. Not to mention I am waiting on my prescription, which the office (his nurse) did not send! Oh did I mention that prescription was supposed to be sent in over a month ago. I have called them daily to follow up about my prescription either the phone does not work and gives a busy signal or they answer with no help at all. Do not go to this doctor or this office they don't care about your well being at all! I have asked for a referral for a different doctor and cannot believe the incompetence of this office.
He was not in a rush AT ALL, he listened, was very attentive and sensitive to my condition. Gave me a game plan for my vertigo and explained all medication thoroughly with a follow up appointment within a week. Validated my condition and really cared. Wish I had known of this neurologist before seeing my now EX neurologist (Dr. Zdoncyck) who misdiagnosed my vertigo, rushed my appointment, wouldn't explain medication and dismissed me within 5 minutes because he "has other patients to get to". Zdoncyck = TERRIBLE Dr. Robert Bashuk was EXCELLENT!
35 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Robert G Bashuk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert G Bashuk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austell, GA.