Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert S Gorab Jr
Dr. Robert S Gorab Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orange, CA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Gorab is affiliated with Garden Grove Hospital & Medical Center D / P SNF and Uc Irvine Medical Center. Dr. Gorab has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert S Gorab Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 138
Dr. Gorab did both my knees and my right hip. In my mind, there is no other choice. He is an amazing surgeon and his passion for expert care reflects on his staff both in the office and at the hospital. He is highly regarded by those who work for him and care for his patients. Everyone is always amazed at the speed at which I recover. Susie, his PA, is the go to person for any questions and is so patient. She is such a nice person. I hope my other hip doesn't require surgery any time soon but he will be the only one I go to when and if it is ever needed. He gets 6 stars from me.
First rate surgeon with superb, caring and efficient staff. Operates at Hoag Orthopedic Institute in Irvine, a first rate facility dedicated to joint replacement surgery. I, at age 59, had not had surgery since my tonsils were removed as a child. Every aspect of this experience was handled superbly -- appointments, financial questions, scheduling, requests, surgery and post-operative care. You are in good hands with Dr. Bob Gorab and team.
My experience with Dr. Gorab and his staff has been excellent. He spent as much time with me as I needed and I never felt rushed. His staff returns phone calls and follows up promptly. The online support with checklists has been very helpful. I felt completely prepared for surgery and for the recovery period. He was recommended by many friends and I have, in turn, begun recommending him as well. I'm not easily impressed and he has done it.
Fabulous doctor. Great surgery. Going back for second hip.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2009, 2011, 2008, 2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gorab is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Robert S Gorab Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Specialty Institute Medical Group, 280 S Main St Ste 280, Orange, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert S Gorab Jr in this video.
Dr. Robert S Gorab Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Orange, CA.