Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert C Janda
Dr. Robert C Janda, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hinsdale, IL. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Janda is affiliated with Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital. Dr. Janda has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert C Janda has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Abdominal Pain
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I have seen Dr. Janda a few times, mostly for IBS and post pregnancy Bowel problems. He is short, belittles your problems, and is always in a hurry. Not to mention a nightmare to schedule with.The last time I saw him was after a c-section that had to be performed after the baby had been lodged in my pelvis for a week, which left my bowel swollen bruised, and dysfuntional. I was re hospitalized, and when he made rounds and visited me he was arrogant, tacky, and belittling. not only was i postpartum, but i had been re-admitted b/c the ER doc said my bowel tissue was damaged and "Boggy", causing alot of discomfort. I was literally crying in pain, and his remark was "why are you crying? Its all in your head" I vowed to never set foot in his office again. That was four years ago and i have since found a much more professional and curteous MD out of Palos Hospital. My opinion of him is that he is burned out, and not interested in minor GI issues.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Janda is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Robert C Janda accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHinsdale Gastroenterology Associates, 12 Salt Creek Ln Ste 425, Hinsdale, IL
Dr. Robert C Janda is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hinsdale, IL.