Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert L Mcarthur
Dr. Robert L Mcarthur, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norman, OK. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mcarthur is affiliated with Mcbride Clinic Orthopedic Hospital. Dr. Mcarthur has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert L Mcarthur has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert L Mcarthur has the following 8 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 25
Dr McArthur is a very caring Doctor. He takes his time and really listens to what your saying. He is very skilled at his profession and it reflects in the treatment and care I receive as one of his patients. I honestly cannot say enough good things about him.
Whenever I go in for an appt. (which is every 2-3 months), he can't remember what drugs I've been on or what issues I've had. I just specifically asked to not be put on prednisone again (after 3+ years of mostly being on it) and he tells me to back on it for 2 weeks. He said we needed to be aggressive in my RA treatment in Janaury but all I do is burst of prednisone and NSAIDs after failing mtx, plaquenil and humira. I always get the feeling that my case isn't that important or serious to him.
Says he read my blood reports but when asking about him he hadn't. That oversite could have killed me. This has happened more than once. He doesn't look me in the eye and doesn't act interesred in anything I say. I have to find someone that cares enough to listen and will read the blood work he orders me to take. I need a new Doctor!I have been with him 5 years : (
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mcarthur is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Dr. Robert L Mcarthur accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMcbride Clinic, 3700 36th Ave NW, Norman, OK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert L Mcarthur in this video.
Dr. Robert L Mcarthur is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norman, OK.