The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert W Oblath has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Robert W Oblath has the following 10 expertise
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Vascular Malformations
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
- Varicose Veins
- Diabetes Complications
Dr. Robert W Oblath has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
If your referring physician is truly informed, no matter where you live in So Ca, the only vascular doctor they will recommend is Dr Robert Oblath. While Paul Bunyan is a better description, no doctor is more professional, knowledgeable, personable, and positive than this fine physician. He rids you of your fears with assurances the final outcome will be perfect. He literally saved my life by discovering a condition on a follow-up visit which required a difficult and near immediate surgery. If you need a vascular doctor, no need to look further.
Dr. Oblath is one of the best doctors I've ever been to. He is obviously extremely bright, but is very down-to-earth and explains things in a manner that is comprehensible. He never talks down to you, nor does he patronize you. I never felt rushed, and he had plenty of time for my questions and concerns. I have had 2 separate surgeries with him, both successful, and found him to be caring, competent, and professional. He is truly one of the best--wish I could find an internist like him.
No wait time...hard to believe but it's true with this Doctor. He has a wonderful bedside manner and explains everything so that the patient truly understands what the diagnosis is. Getting an appointment at a time that is convenient was never an issue. You'd think that would mean that he isn't very busy but quite the contrary. The day of my surgery he had back to back surgeries from early morning until late afternoon. His office is extremely responsive. He is thorough and has a wonderful reputation. Everyone that I spoke with, from the ultra sound techs to the nurses at the hospital couldn't say enough good things about him. The only drawback to this doctor is that he can't take care of all of my medical needs! I can't say enough good things about him.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Oblath is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Robert W Oblath accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRobert Wright Oblath Md, 18370 Burbank Blvd Ste 607, Tarzana, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert W Oblath in this video.
Dr. Robert W Oblath is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tarzana, CA.