Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert L Quarles has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Showing 5 of 15
Today was my first visit, based on the reviews I have read. I was looking for a place where the Dr. as well as staff seem caring. I FOUND IT....based on this visit. Dr. Quarles was great. He listened to my questions and took the time to explain. He didn't rush me neither did the staff. I felt like I was the only patient there because they were so attentive. The nurses were the best. Think I'm changing my PCP. Thanks Dr. Quarles and staff.
I had been dealing with some hip and leg pain for a number of months. Dr. Quarles spent a few minutes asking me questions and listening to my explanation of the problems I have been having. He did some X-Rays, did an exam, and then determined that he thought the problem could be dealt with fairly easily. He did a quick adjustment of my sacroiliac joint, and then gave me a script for some muscle relaxers and some predisone. He told me that he expected the pain to be mostly, if not all, gone within a week.After two days, I was pain free! I could sit in a chair or ride in a car for hours without any of the discomfort I had been experiencing for the past 4 months. I enjoyed the visit as well as the result.
Dr. R.Quarles is a very conscientious doctor. Before doing anything to me the first visit, he made sure that I didnt have a problem that might need a surgeons attention. He only manipulates when my muscles are lose, he will not force your body into doing something that would injury you. Hes patient, caring, has a great bed side manner. He also gives you exercises you can do to help your problem, and they work. I would recommend him and have.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Robert L Quarles accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMelhorn & Melhorn Inc, 1504 Santa Rosa Rd Rm 103, Henrico, VA
Dr. Robert L Quarles is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Henrico, VA.