Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert F Rubey
Dr. Robert F Rubey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pensacola, FL. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Rubey is affiliated with Baptist Hospital, Sacred Heart Hospital On The Emerald Coast and Gulf Breeze Hospital. Dr. Rubey has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert F Rubey has the following 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
DR. Ruby is an excellant Doctor, great bed side manner and very knowledgeable. He always takes time to answer any questions and never rushes you out of the office. He has done several surgeries on me over the last 3 years and they were all done in a timely manner and extremely professional. He has a wonderful staff who always shows respect and attention to all!
Dr. Rubey performed my inguinal hernia repair and did a fantastic job. Though I waited nearly a year to do anything about it, and the hernia was huge, he managed to do the entire repair laparoscopically. Dr. Rubey performed the surgery at Gulf Breeze hospital, which is really an excellent location â small enough to avoid the hustle and bustle, but very professional. My recovery was as easy as I could imagine. I was literally working at my desk job the next day (though I do work at home). His staff is great. Sally is a wonderful nurse and is knowledgeable on top of friendly. In addition to all of this, my wife had previously seen Dr. Rubey for one surgery he performed (and did marvelously) and another consultation where he enthusiastically agreed to her going elsewhere for a surgery that would involve breast reconstruction when the ideal procedure could not be performed locally. His manner is personable, and despite his skill and understanding, he manages to come across as a regular person. Highly recommended.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Rubey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Robert F Rubey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Surgery Group, 4012 N 9th Ave, Pensacola, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert F Rubey in this video.
Dr. Robert F Rubey is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Pensacola, FL.