Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert F Vassall
Dr. Robert F Vassall, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami, FL. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Vassall is affiliated with Memorial Hospital Pembroke and Memorial Hospital West. Dr. Vassall has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert F Vassall has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Robert F Vassall has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Robert F Vassall has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 44
this man has saved my life from alcholism/ paranoid schitsophrenia. he seems to have an amazing insight on his patients he knew things about me that iwouldnt share with him
My new psych. due to Dr. Vassall retiring, has her prescription pad out with pen in hand before I even sit down. She sidetracks any thing I might want to say just by asking the same question for a year now. How are you doing with your meds.? Before I could say anything substantial, like " I really feel like dying and tried it last month" my scripts are written and I'm being rushed out 5 minutes tops. She never once in a year asked me some basic questions like... hows your sleep, appetite and do you feel like harming yourself or others. My psych. history on my first visit detailed some episodes of self harm and suicide attempts. I miss my old Doc. It was very difficult to even find her. I feel lost and alone.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Vassall is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1988
G W Hubbard Hospital Meharry College
Dr. Robert F Vassall accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouth Florida Eye Associates, 21150 Biscayne Blvd Ste 202, Miami, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert F Vassall in this video.
Dr. Robert F Vassall is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.