The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roger I Ceilley has the following 2 specialties
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Roger I Ceilley has the following 20 expertise
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
- Ear Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
- Face Cancer (Facial Neoplasm)
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
- Skin Diseases
- Eyelid Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
Dr. Roger I Ceilley has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Roger I Ceilley is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 46
I had 2 moles on my scalp that needed to get looked at. He glanced at them and said that they were fine with little concern. I didn't feel comfortable with his decision so I went for a second opinion. They immediately told me that they wanted to remove the moles. The tests came back and the moles were precancerous. This was very frustrating to me because of how much I stressed of my family history with skin cancer and how much I was concerned with the two moles. My girlfriend was in the room with me and she even pointed out how lackluster he was when examining them and how we felt he should have at least examined them more thoroughly instead of just glancing at them and brushing it off like it was no big deal.
Dr. Ceilley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Roger I Ceilley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Pc, 6000 University Ave Ste 450, West Des Moines, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roger I Ceilley in this video.
Dr. Roger I Ceilley is similar to the following 2 Doctors near West Des Moines, IA.